FS3 User Guide
Once everything is setup, FS3 browser is ready to use. Here is the tutorial how to use your FS3.
Before you begin this guide, complete the following tasks to make sure you have all of the tools that you need:
To get started, you can click the red button with a plus sign on the bottom right corner. It will pop up 2 yellow icons (upload files and create buckets) by clicking the red button. Files can not be uploaded without a bucket. The first thing is to choose the "Create buckets" button in yellow, name it and press Enter/Return key to confirm.
Within a bucket, you can upload your files by choosing the "Upload files" button in yellow which is right above the "create bucket" button. Same as before, to appear the "upload files" button, you need to click the red button with the plus sign on it.
Once your file is uploaded on FS3, you will see three dots on the right side of the file. The operations to the file including "Delete object", "Share object", "Backup to Filecoin" and Download object".
There are 2 ways to choose your preferred storage provider.
If you have a specific storage provider you want to work with, and you have the provider ID number, you can just simply fill it directly into the provider ID input field.
If this is your first time to backup or you do not have anyone on your mind at the moment, you can choose your storage provider based on the list we provide for you.
After choosing your provider, filling out offered price and setting up duration for the storage, you can click "Send" button" in green to send the request. You should get a list number of "Deal CID" if your deal is sent successfully.
The bucket-level operations on FS3 including "Delete" bucket, "Retrieval" and "Backup to Filecoin". By clicking the three dots in vertical next to the bucket, you should be able to see these options.
To backup a whole bucket to Filecoin, the procedure is same as single file backup. You can choose your storage provider either by filling a specific provider ID or selecting from our provided list. You also need to fill the price input field and the duration input field. After clicking the "Send" button" in green to send the request, you should get a list number of "Deal CID" when your deal is sent successfully.
Users can backup the entire volume with customized schedulers (Backup Daily/ Backup Weekly) to Filecoin Network.
- Create a backup plan by choosing "Backup Plans" page.
Price: It is valued as GiB/epoch
Duration: Duration for keeping the backup needs to be in the range of 180 to 540.
- You can view your created backup plans on "Backup Plans" page.
- If you choose to backup daily, FS3 will compress the entire data volume into a car. file and upload it to the Filecoin Network every 24 hours. You can check all your backup jobs by choosing "Jobs" page, and here shows you all the information about your jobs.
- Once the backup process has completed, the status under backup jobs on the "Jobs" page will change from "Running" to "Completed".
Rebuild image is accessible only when backup job status is completed. Users can not rebuild image when backup process is still running.
To store your entire FS3 instance from one of your backups, you can use the FS3 "Rebuild Image" service. FS3 will fetch an entire backup from Filecoin Network and overwrite your existing system.
- First, go to "Jobs" page and all your backup jobs are listed here.
- Second, make sure you are under "backup jobs" for rebuilding an image (restore a backup). You can switch to rebuild jobs next to the backup jobs to view all your rebuild history.
- Third, on the very right side of each jobs, you should be able to click "Rebuild Image" when the status is "Completed".
- Next, after clicking "Rebuild Image", a pop up window will show as above. Please check your information and make sure you are rebuilding from the correct backup. Your backup name will show in bold font, as circled in blue.
- Finally, choose "OK" to confirm your rebuild process and choose "Cancel" to quit from rebuilding backup.